Made with fresh fruit and topped with a coconut coated blueberry these fun fruit santas a healthy whole food treat to enjoy at Christmas.
This recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy and refined sugar.
- This recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy, eggs and soy suitable for those these food sensitivities.
- These are a fun fruit snack to encourage healthy treats with children.
- A naturally sweet, whole-food treat.
- Encourages healthy treat choices.
For more fun, healthy and sugar free Christmas recipes check out my Christmas recipe e-book, A Healthy & Happy Christmas.
- 60 g raw cacao butter* chopped into small pieces
- 3 tbsp cashew butter*
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (or natural sweetener of choice)
- 2 tbsp organic shredded coconut
- 12 fresh blueberries
- 12 large green grapes
- 1 small banana
- 12 small strawberries, hulled
- 12 short skewers
- Place cacao butter in a heat proof bow. Place the bowl over another heat-proof bowl filled with hot water. Stir the cacao butter occasionally as it softens until it is all melted. Remove from heat.
- Add cashew butter and maple syrup to melted cacao butter and stir to combine well. Allow to slightly cool (so the mixture thickens but is still soft).
- Line a small tray with baking paper and place coconut into a small bowl.
- Coat each blueberry in the thick cacao butter mixture and then coat with coconut. Place on tray. Repeat with all blueberries. Transfer tray to fridge to set whilst making the Santas.
- Slice banana into 12 x 1/2 cm slices.
- Using your skewer assemble your Santas with one grape, one slice of banana, one strawberry and one coconut coated blueberry.
- *Raw cacao butter is available from our health food store, Everything Healthy.
- *Cashew butter is 100% cashews ground in to a spread. Available from the health food section of the supermarket or health food store.