Another simple recipe using minimal but healthy ingredients. This recipe is a great dairy free alternative for a creamy dressing and is also sugar free and preservative free. You can make this dressing in advance as it keeps in your refrigerator for several days.
- Tahini is a paste made from sesame seeds and provides a great source of the important minerals calcium and zinc.
- How to consume adequate amounts of calcium in a dairy free diet is a frequent question we are often asked – Tahini happens to be a fantastic source rich in calcium adding towards your daily requirements.
- The healthy fat content in sesame seeds helps to make dishes satiating and decreases cravings for sweets.
- Garlic is a great health boosting ingredient known to enhance immune function and is also anti-ageing.
- Garlic is also anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral helping to keep nasty bugs away!
Creamy Dairy Free Tahini Dressing
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Cold Water
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic , crushed
- Pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients until smooth. You can also use a hand mix.
- Store in an air-tight container in refrigerator.
- Serve over salads, cooked vegetables or as a dipping sauce.
- You can add fresh herbs such as parsley or chives.
- To make a thinner dressing add additional water.
- Instead of fresh garlic replace with a drizzle of garlic infused olive oil.