Burgers that are actually good for you! These healthy burgers are made using real food ingredients including sweet potato as a grain free bun alternative
and a vegetarian patty made from black beans and beetroot.
The recipe is gluten free, dairy free, nut free and egg free.
Whether you are following a vegetarian diet or not, it is a very healthy recipe that provides plant-based protein from the black beans and quinoa in
the patty and lots of veggies too!
I love making our family’s favourite recipes into healthy versions. For more family-friendly healthy recipes, check out my ‘Real Food Recipes’recipe e-book. It is filled with 80 recipes all made with whole foods.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, nut free, egg free and soy free.
Real Food Beetroot & Black Bean Burgers
- 1 medium- large sweet potato
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1 cup grated raw beetroot
- 1 cup cooked & cooled quinoa
- 1/2 cup cooked & mashed pumpkin
- 1/4 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 lon g red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180’C.
- Slice sweet potato into 1/2 cm thick rounds (to become your burger buns).
- Brush both sides of sweet potato with olive oil and place on a lined baking tray. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until tender, turning half way.
- In a mixing bowl roughly mash black beans (or pulse in a food processor).
- Add beans to your food processor with beetroot, quinoa, pumpkin, onion, chilli, cumin, salt and pepper. Pulse until well combined to form a textured paste.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Using egg rings fill each egg ring on your baking tray with patty mixture and press down to shape. Remove ring and repeat until all mixture is used up. (You can also shape with your hands).
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked and firm to hold.
- Assemble burgers with sweet potato at the bottom topped with Roza’s Gourmet Chilli Mustard,lettuce and a patty. Top patty with Roza’s Gourmet Horseradish Dressing, tomato and another sweet potato on top. Serve immediately.
- You can add your favourite toppings such as fried eggs, avocado or sauerkraut.
- You can swap sweet potato buns with eggplant or mushrooms.
- If you love this recipe or you know someone who would enjoy it too, please share the link to the recipe with your friends and family or on Facebook (click the share button at the top of this page)Your support helps me to share more recipes that help others, so thank you.Don't forget to share your recipe remakes on Instagram and tag @livelovenourishaus so I don't miss it!Thank you so much for supporting my recipes. Make sure you let me know what you think in the comments below 🙂