These mini thai lamb salad bites contain bursts of fresh thai flavours on bite-sized rounds of cucumber.
They make a great high protein light lunch or snack or a fabulous appetiser when entertaining.
- Lamb is a great source of protein and iron. Iron is needed for the transportation of oxygen around your body and for muscle function, cell function and the formation of enzymes.
- Lamb’s rich iron content is also great to replenish blood loss in women.
- Cucumbers have beneficial detoxification and cleansing properties and support healthy, glowing skin.
- Cucumbers also help to reduce inflammation and swelling in joints and with their balance of water content and fibre help to prevent constipation.
- Fresh herbs such as coriander and mint contain beneficial minerals and antioxidants.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg, free and soy free
To make this recipe low FODMAP and nut free see recipe notes below.
Mini Thai Lamb Salad Bites
- 250 g Lamb Backstrap
- 1 large Cucumber, sliced into 3/4cm thick diagonal rounds
- 3/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup loosely packed, Fresh Coriander
- 1/3 cup loosely packed, Fresh Mint
- 1/4 small Red Onion, finely diced
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- Cook lamb over medium heat on a lightly oiled frying pan for 4 minutes each side. Remove from heat and allow to rest.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl gently toss cherry tomatoes, coriander, mint, onion, lime juice and fish sauce.
- Thinly slice lamb into strips, add to bowl of ingredients and gently toss.
- Spoon portions of the mixture onto each cucumber round. Make sure each piece of cucumber has some of each ingredient.
- Serve immediately or keep chilled.
- Cutting the cucumber on a diagonal round will give you more surface area for your filling to sit on top of.
- You can also substitute lamb for sirloin beef steak.
- Add 1 clove garlic, crushed.
- Add 1 long red chilli, de-seeded and finely diced.
- For a balance of subtle sweetness add 1 teaspoon honey with lime juice and fish sauce.
- For added crunch, serve these mini bites with a sprinkle of crushed roasted peanuts.
- Leave out peanuts.
- Omit red onion and replace with spring onions, finely chopped, green part only.