Gluten Free Santa Hat Brownies
These rich, fudgey and moreish gluten free brownies finished with a strawberry Santa hat are the perfect treat for Christmas. Easy to make and gluten free and dairy free friendly.
- Make the brownies in advance and decorate with the strawberry Santa hat just before serving.
To make these Gluten Free Santa Hat Brownies you will need:
- Almond meal – a nutrient dense, gluten free flour alternative
- Eggs – offering a source of protein to help balance blood sugar levels
- Cacao or cocoa – use a good quality cacao/ cocoa for best results.
- Pure maple syrup (or natural sweetener of choice such as honey or rice malt syrup)
- Australian Macadamias – these add a moreish and buttery crunch to the brownies
To make the Santa hats:
To make the strawberry Santa hats use a thick vanilla coconut yoghurt or coconut whipped cream, top with a hulled strawberry and finish with a gluten free mini marshmallow on top (hold together with a toothpick).
If using coconut yoghurt make sure you use a thick and creamy variety and ensure the brownie is cooled. Top the brownies just before serving.
- Using a nutrient dense flour alternative such as almond meal along with eggs, the recipe contains a source of protein and healthy fats that together help to promote balanced blood sugar levels whilst satisfying you without over indulging.
This recipe is naturally:
- Gluten free and grain free
- Dairy free
- Preservative free
Pin For Later:
Gluten Free Santa Hat Brownies Recipe:
Gluten Free Santa Hat Brownies
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or liquid sweetener equivalent)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup Australian macadamias
Strawberry Santa Hats
- vanilla coconut yoghurt (see notes for tips)
- gluten free mini marshmallows
- Pre-heat oven fan-forced oven to 175°C.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together eggs with maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add almond meal, cacao, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
- Fold through macadamias.
- Pour into a small lined baking tray. Bake in oven for 25 mins or until cooked through (middle will be fudgey).
- Allow to cool. Slice to serve. Use a cookie cutter for round shapes.
Strawberry Santa hats
- Just before serving, pipe thick vanilla coconut yoghurt on top of each cooled brownie.
- Top with a hulled strawberry and finish with a gluten free mini marshmallow on top (hold together with a toothpick).
I use a thick vanilla coconut yoghurt but you can also use whipped coconut cream, gluten free icing sugar or equivalent.
Want More Free Recipes?
Whilst visiting the Live Love Nourish website be sure to check out our other free recipes. All recipes are made with whole food ingredients, gluten free and dairy free friendly.
Don’t miss a recipe by signing up to the free newsletter. Download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Love This Recipe? Share The Love!
Love this recipe? Please share on social media with your friends and family. To share hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. Collaborating with like-minded business’ to make inspiring and delicious content is our passion but we kindly ask permission is requested to reshare any content.
This recipe was created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons.