A healthy twist on a holiday treat with bursts of fresh raspberries, coconut and crunch from roasted almonds, macadamias and pistachios.
Made with raw cacao butter and a hint of natural sweetness, this recipe is dairy free and refined sugar free.
For more healthy Christmas inspired recipes, free from gluten, grains, dairy and refined sugar check out my Christmas recipe e-book –A Healthy & Happy Christmas.
- This recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy, soy and eggs suitable for those with food sensitivity.
- Vitamins, minerals and healthy fats from almonds, macadamias and pistachios to nutritionally balance the recipe.
- Refined sugar free.
- Vegan friendly.
- Rich in satiating fats providing slow release energy and reducing the impact of natural sugars on your blood glucose levels.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, vegan and refined sugar free.
White Chocolate Rocky Road (dairy free)
- 120 g raw cacao butter* chopped into small pieces
- 6 tbsp cashew butter*
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (*or natural sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup macadamias, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dry roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- Melt cacao butter in a double boiler. Stir the cacao butter occasionally as it softens until it is all melted. Remove from heat.
- Once all the cacao butter is melted add cashew butter and maple syrup and stir to combine well. Allow to slightly cool (so the mixture thickens a little) then add macadamias, almonds, pistachios, coconut and raspberries and gently mix well.
- Pour the mixture onto a lined slice tin and place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until the chocolate is firmly set. Cut into shapes. Keep in refrigerator.
- *Raw cacao butter is available from our health food stores.
- *Or use natural sweetener of choice.
- *Cashew butter is 100% cashews ground in to a spread. Available from the health food section of the supermarket or health food store.