A creamy, dairy free pana cotta made with coconut milk, kiwi and lime. A delicious and healthy dessert.
- Free from refined white sugar.
- Suitable for multiple food sensitivities including dairy free, gluten free, grain free, egg free and nut free. Paleo friendly option.
- Kiwis are a nutrient rich food, particularly rich in vitamin C (containing more vitamin C than oranges!)
- Kiwis are also great for digestive health. Being rich in fibre they promote healthy digestion and contain a unique enzyme that helps break down protein.
- Check out my blog post on the health benefits of kiwi fruit.
- Gelatin is great for gut health, aiding digestion, skin health and joint health.
Kiwi, Coconut and Lime Pana Cotta
- 1 1/4 cups canned coconut milk (full cfat/premium)
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup*
- 1 1/2 tbsp grass fed gelatin powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder (or good quality vanilla extract)
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled, chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Place coconut milk and coconut water in a medium saucepan. Sprinkle over gelatin powder and stir. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Bring mixture to a gentle simmer over low heat.
- Add rice malt syrup and vanilla.
- Stir constantly for 3-5 minutes or until gelatin has dissolved well.
- Turn off heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature. Stir through lime zest.
- Divide 2 chopped kiwi fruits into the bottom of each serving glasses.
- Fill each glass with pana cotta mixture. Transfer to fridge and allow to chill for 3- 4 hours or until set.
- Once set, roughly mash 2 kiwi fruits and mix with lime juice. Spoon on top of each pana cotta.
- Serve chilled.
- Purchase food grade gelatin from health food stores.
- *You can also substitute rice malt syrup with 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey or 1 tsp green leaf stevia.
- Swap rice malt syrup for 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey or 1 tsp green leaf stevia or liquid stevia drops to taste.