Gluten free blueberry muffins would have to be one of my favourite treats that are also suitable for anyone with gluten sensitivity or coeliac disease! Biting into a delicious muffin with burst of blueberry sweetness is pure happiness.
The recipe is wheat free, grain free, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
Being made on almond meal they are flourless, high protein and have plenty of healthy fats to keep you fuelled for longer without cravings and sugar crashes.
I use the natural sweetness of maple syrup to lightly sweeten or you can swap this for any other natural sweetener you like (or leave out if you don’t have a sweet palate and are really trying to kick the sweet cycle). The recipes uses just a small amount of sweetness making them perfect for breakfast and a snack that’s not overly sweet.
If you love muffins you’ll also love my banana, blueberry and apple muffins in my Real Food Recipes ebook. All 80 recipes are gluten free and refined sugar free.
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt
- 2 Free Range Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Powder Aluminium Free
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (or Vanilla Powder)
- 3/4 cup Blueberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey or equivalent*
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl lightly whisk liquid ingredients; eggs, yoghurt, vanilla extract and maple syrup or chosen sweetener.
- Add almond meal and baking powder and combine.
- Gently fold through blueberries.
- Spoon batter into 6 lined muffin holes.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until lightly golden on top and cooked through.
- Allow to cool.
Make sure you don’t miss a recipe by signing up to our free newsletter. You can download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
This recipe, video and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. We love collaborating with like-minded business’ but we kindly ask permission is requested.
If you love this recipe please share on social media with your friends and family. Hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe was custom created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons for Australian Blueberries.