No-bake, gluten free and paleo brownies with a dairy free chocolate ganache. Perfect for a simple, healthy treat without added sugars. The recipe is made nutrient rich with good fats from Australian macadamias. No dates!
Recipe is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar and Paleo friendly.
Featuring my favourite macadamia nut butter and wholeAustralian Macadamias.
I love making these to keep in the fridge for when you feel like something sweet.
Find more fun, gluten free, sugar free treat recipes in my Real Food Recipes e-book.
No Bake Chocolate Brownies
Gluten Free Brownies:
- 1 cup macadamia nut butter*
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup raw cacao power
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 6 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup macadamias
Dairy Free Chocolate Ganache:
- 100 g your favourite dark chocolate (sugar free, dairy free)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk solids*
- 2 heaped tbsp macadamia nut butter
- 4 tsp coconut flour
- To make macadamia nut butter, process raw macadamia nuts (approx. 1 - 2 cups) in a food processor to make a buttery paste.
- In a mixing bowl combine almond meal, cacao powder and coconut flour.
- In a small saucepan heat macadamia nut butter, rice malt syrup and coconut oil to melt. Stir together to combine and add to dry mixture.
- Combine well and transfer to a small lined baking tray. Press firmly to mould into tray. Transfer to fridge for 1 hour to firm.
- Meanwhile, in a heat proof bowl, melt chocolate over boiling water.
- Add macadamia butter to melted chocolate and mix through.
- Add coconut milk solids and mix through. Add coconut flour and combine well.
- Spread ganache over brownies.
- Chop macadamias and sprinkle on top of ganache. Transfer back into fridge for ganache to firm up. Slice with a clean, wet knife. Keep refrigerated.
*To make coconut solids, place a can of full fat coconut milk in fridge overnight. Scoop out coconut milk solids that have risen to the top (keep liquid for another use such as smoothies/ curries).You can make this into brownies with a choc mint icing by using a mint chocolate bar.