Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins
This recipe is perfect for a quick grab-and-go breakfast for busy mornings and is also a nourishing snack. Made with all natural gluten free ingredients, and specifically ingredients to sustain energy levels and keep you fuller longer.
- The recipe makes 6. If you want to batch bake ahead, you can freeze these muffins. Double the batch to make more.
- You can swap any fruit of choice into these muffins depending on what you have available. Such as blueberries, strawberries or even dried cranberries.
To make these Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins you will need:
- Almond flour (this flour is used as it is naturally gluten free but also provides a good source of nutrients including plant based protein and health fats)
- Eggs (these help to bind but also provide a source of protein)
- Natural sweetener (choose a liquid such as maple syrup or honey and best to avoid artificial sweeteners)
- Apple (or seasonal fruit)
- The combination of almond meal and eggs together provide a source of protein and healthy fats. These macronutrients help to keep you fuller longer and support steady blood sugar levels, helping to reduce sugar cravings and energy crashes.
This recipe is naturally:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Preservative free (if adding dried fruit choose organic or preservative free)
Pin For Later:
Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins Recipe:
Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins
- 1.5 cups almond meal /(blanched almond flour)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon chopped
- pinch sea salt
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey or liquid natural sweetener equivalent
- 1 tbsp coconut oil liquid
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large apple peeled and chopped
- 1 extra apple thinly sliced
- 1/4 walnuts chopped
- yoghurt of choice (use coconut yoghurt for dairy free)
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C. Line a 12-whole muffin pan with baking liners.
- Mix dry ingredients almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tray.
- Top each muffin with a few slices of apple and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until the cooked through and golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool. Serve warmed with a dollop of yoghurt (optional). Best serve warmed if making these ahead.
- For an extra pop of sweetness stir through dried cranberries (preservative free)
- For a fresh citrus flavour add orange zest to batter.
Want More Free Recipes?
Whilst visiting the Live Love Nourish website be sure to check out our other free recipes. All recipes are made with whole food ingredients, gluten free and dairy free friendly.
Don’t miss a recipe by signing up to the free newsletter. Download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Love This Recipe? Share The Love!
Love this recipe? Please share on social media with your friends and family. To share hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. Collaborating with like-minded business’ to make inspiring and delicious content is our passion but we kindly ask permission is requested to reshare any content.
This recipe was created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons.