Rainbow Superfood Slaw
Pair this vibrant Rainbow Superfood Slaw with your favourite protein for a healthy dinner or make-ahead for easy work lunches.
The recipe is gluten free, dairy free and plant abundant to nourish your body and gut health.
- Prepare the Rainbow Superfood Slaw ahead of time. The flavours from the dressing infuse into the slaw mix and over time tenderise the raw vegetables. Perfect for make-ahead lunches or to prepare a healthy dinner the night before.
- This healthy, gluten free recipe pairs perfectly with your favourite protein. Including, grilled fish, smoked salmon, grilled chicken, beef strips, marinated tofu, prawns or any BBQ meats.
To make this Rainbow Superfood Slaw you will need:
- Salads and vegetables including cabbage, kale, carrot and broccoli.
- Apple and Crasins (dried cranberries) – these add a balance of sweetness to the dish. Look for preservative free dried cranberries.
- Fresh herbs. This recipe uses flat leaf parsley, but any leafy herb of choice works well, such as dill or coriander.
- For the dressing, you will need a simple combination of lemon, extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard and sea salt. Any mustard works well in this recipe. Including seeded and dijon mustard. Just check for a preservative free brand.
- One of the keys to a healthy microbiome and healthy gut is to nourish with a variety of plant foods. This Rainbow Superfood Slaw recipe is a perfect example of maximising plant varieties from nature.
This recipe is naturally:
- Gluten free and grain free
- Dairy free
- Egg free
- Nut free
- Preservative free (just check labels on dried cranberries and mustard).
Pin For Later:
Rainbow Superfood Slaw Recipe:
Rainbow Superfood Slaw
- 1/4 purple cabbage finely chopped
- 2 carrots julienned
- 1 cup kale finely shredded
- 1 cup broccoli florets finely sliced
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 3 tbsp flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 green apple cut into matchsticks
- 1/3 cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Pinch sea salt
- Into a large bowl add salad ingredients.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over dressing and toss to coat well.
- Allow to sit for 20 minutes for flavours to infuse and veggies will become slightly tender. Store in fridge to keep fresh.
Want More Free Recipes?
Whilst visiting the Live Love Nourish website be sure to check out our other free recipes. All recipes are made with whole food ingredients, gluten free and dairy free friendly.
Don’t miss a recipe by signing up to the free newsletter. Download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Love This Recipe? Share The Love!
Love this recipe? Please share on social media with your friends and family. To share hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. Collaborating with like-minded business’ to make inspiring and delicious content is our passion but we kindly ask permission is requested to reshare any content.
This recipe was created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons.