How to make this recipe:
Recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, nut free, sugar free and plant based.
To make this recipe vegetarian and vegan omit chicken and instead include your choice of plant based protein. Such as beans, legumes, tofu or quinoa with nuts.
This is also a great recipe to make with the family for a fun DIY meal. Simply prepare all of the fillings and have your family assemble their own bowls for an interactive dinner or when entertaining. This would also be great picnic food!
Mexican Burrito Bowl with Papaya Salsa
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp
extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large corn cob
- 1 cup brown rice
cooked; (or quinoa, wild rice)
- 1/2 cup red kidney beans
rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1/4 Ruby Rise red papaya
deseeded, diced small
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 small red onion
- fresh coriander chopped
unsweetened coconut yoghurt
- lime wedges
- In a mixing bowl, combine extra virgin olive oil with paprika and cumin.
- Add chicken and coat. Set aside whilst you pre-prepare remaining ingredients.
- Cook brown rice. Drain well. Add salsa and red kidney beans. Mix through and set aside.
- Heat grill pan, BBQ (or frying pan) and cook chicken 4-5 mins each side until cooked through and char marks. Add corn cob and grill until charred. Set chicken aside to rest. Slice thickly. Cut off corn kernels and set aside.
- Make papaya salsa by gently mixing ingredients to combine.
- Assemble burrito bowls with brown rice/ red kidney bean mixture, corn kernels, lettuce, avocado, chicken and top with papaya salsa.
- Finish with a dollop of yoghurt, fresh coriander and lime wedges.
More Free Recipes!
Whilst you are here be sure to check out our other free recipes. All of our recipes are made with whole food ingredients, gluten free and dairy free friendly.
Make sure you don’t miss a recipe by signing up to our free newsletter. Download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Love This Recipe? Share The Love!
Love this recipe for Mexican Burrito Bowl with Papaya Salsa? Please share on social media with your friends and family. Hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. We love collaborating with like-minded business’ but we kindly ask permission is requested.
This recipe was created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons for Ruby Rise Papaya.