Green Goodness Soup (Dairy Free)
A nourishing recipe for Green Goodness Soup that provides so much nutritionally, including fibre for gut health, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants from all of the green veggie goodness, plant based protein from cashews (which also make the soup really creamy but dairy free) and healthy fats from extra virgin olive oil, making this a nutritionally balanced, satisfying soup that will keep you full for hours.
- Our secret to velvety, silky-smooth and satisfying soup? A good quality extra virgin olive oil poured generously when cooking and a glistening drizzle just before serving. Using a generous amount of a good quality extra virgin olive oil not only adds authentic flavour but provides a serve of healthy fats and antioxidants. The healthy fats in extra virgin olive oil also make a dish more satisfying, helping to keep you fuller longer supporting blood sugar levels, reduced cravings supporting a healthy appetite. As a nutritionist, I cook and use extra virgin olive every day.
- In this Green Goodness Soup recipe we’ve used Monini Australia Classico Extra Virgin Olive Oil that makes me dream of being in a cosy cottage in Italy enjoying a warming soup by a wood burning fire is.
How to make a soup creamy without dairy?
- There are several ways you can add creaminess to your soup without using dairy (typically cream is added to soup) such as:
- Blend in coconut cream/ canned coconut milk
- Use a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil when cooking the base ingredients and finish with a drizzle over top to serve.
- Blend raw cashews into the soup for a creamy texture and extra nutritional goodness.
- Stir through coconut yoghurt just before serving.
- Instead of cashews you can also use raw macadamias. Cashews produce the smoothest, creamiest result.
- You can also make this nut free by omitting cashews. Add coconut yoghurt and stir through just before serving for creaminess.
To make the Green Goodness Soup you will need:
- Extra virgin olive oil (look for quality, always extra virgin for optimum nutritional value)
- Green vegetables – Broccoli florets, zucchini, frozen baby peas, baby spinach
- Bone broth or good quality stock
- Fresh basil leaves
- Raw cashews (use raw so blends easily and has a creamy result)
- Boasting with nutrition this soup offers key nutrients including: Fibre, Protein, Healthy Fats, Real Food Carbohydrates and Micronutrients (vitamins, minerals etc). Together these nutrients provide a complete and balanced meal that help you feel fuller and support balanced blood sugar levels.
- For additional protein, serve soup with cooked and shredded chicken or pan fried tofu.
This recipe is naturally:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free (the recipe uses cashews and
- Egg free
- Preservative free
- Vegetarian (if using a vegetable broth over bone broth)
Pin For Later:
Green Goodness Soup (Dairy Free) Recipe:
Green Goodness Soup
- 2 tbsp Monini Classico Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 2 cups frozen baby peas
- 2 cups baby spinach (packed)
- 1 L bone broth or quality stock
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves (or 1 large bunch)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- Pinch chilli flakes
- sea salt and black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil or micro herbs
- dukkah or chopped roasted cashews
- Into a stockpot or deep saucepan heat Monini Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add broccoli florets, zucchini, peas, spinach and broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, lid on, until veggies are tender.
- Turn off heat, add basil leaves, cashews, chilli. Push basil leaves under warm broth for 2-3 minutes. Use a hand held blender to puree (or transfer to a blender). Season to liking.
- Serve with a generous drizzle of Monini Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, herbs and dukkah.
Want More Free Recipes?
Whilst visiting the Live Love Nourish website be sure to check out our other free recipes. All recipes are made with whole food ingredients, gluten free and dairy free friendly.
Don’t miss a recipe by signing up to the free newsletter. Download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Love This Recipe? Share The Love!
Love this recipe? Please share on social media with your friends and family. To share hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. Collaborating with like-minded business’ to make inspiring and delicious content is our passion but we kindly ask permission is requested to reshare any content.
This recipe was created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons in proud partnership with Monini Australia.