Cranberry & Almond Freezer Fudge
A healthier, gluten free friendly treat you can enjoy straight from the freezer. This Cranberry & Almond Freezer Fudge requires no baking. Simply blend, mix and freeze!
These also make a great homemade gift, especially during the festive season.
About the Recipe
- To make the Cranberry & Almond Freezer Fudge simple blend nuts and coconut with the liquid elements. Including, Cranberry Fruit Drink (or orange juice), coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Once blended transfer to a bowl and add in craisins for sweet pops of flavour. \Spoon and flatten into a lined baking tray. Freeze until set. That’s it!
- Add orange zest for a citrus note.
- Use roasted cashews or macadamias with almonds or as an alternative.
- Use your chosen liquid sweetener of choice. Swap out maple syrup with rice malt syrup or honey. If using a thicker liquid sweetener you may need to add a little more for the fudge to bind and hold together.
- For an extra indulgent treat top freezer fudge with a layer of chocolate by pouring over melted dark or white chocolate before setting.
Pin For Later:
To make the freezer fudge you will need:
- Roasted Almonds – using roasted will add extra flavour. However you can of course use raw also. Choose unsalted to not overpower the sweetness. Add a pinch of sea salt to the mix instead for a salty note.
- Shredded Coconut – use shredded or desiccated. Choose organic or preservative free. Standard desiccated coconut from the baking section in the supermarket will likely contain preservative 220. Check the health food section for an organic option.
- Ocean Spray Cranberry Classic Fruit Drink – find this in your supermarket. A preservative free flavour addition and festive feel to the recipe.
- Coconut Oil – Use virgin or extra virign coconut oil
- Maple Syrup – Use pure maple syrup and not flavoured maple syrup which contains added sugars and flavours.
- Vanilla Extract – Use a good quality vanilla extract or alternatively use vanilla powder.
- Ocean Spray Original Craisins – these add a sweet pop of colour and flavour to the fudge. This brand is also preservative free.
- Not only is this fudge delicious but it is a healthier sweet treat thanks to using natural ingredients.
- Using almonds or nuts of choice in this recipe will provide a source of healthy fats and plant based protein. Both of these nutrients help to balance out the sugars for a nourishing snack.
- Adding Ocean Spray Original Craisins they add a source of fibre and antioxidants.
- To sweeten the fudge the recipe uses minimal amounts of sweet ingredients include fruit juice and maple syrup.
This recipe is naturally:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Egg free / Vegan friendly
- Preservative free
Cranberry & Almond Freezer Fudge Recipe:
Cranberry Almond Freezer Fudge
- 2 cups unsalted roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup Ocean Spray® Cranberry Classic™ Fruit Drink or freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Original Craisins®
- In a blender or food processor, blitz nuts and coconut to form a nut meal.
- Add fruit drink, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend to combine.
- Add fruit drink, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend to combine. Scoop into a mixing bowl. Add Craisins and stir through.
- Spread mixture into a shallow baking tray lined with parchment paper. Place in freezer for 2 hours or until set.
- Remove from freezer and allow to slightly soften. Cut into shapes and store in an air-tight container in freezer or fridge.
- Enjoy straight from the fridge or from freezer waiting 30 seconds - 1 minute to slightly soften.
Top freezer fudge with a layer of chocolate by pouring over melted dark or white chocolate before setting.
Want More Free Recipes?
Whilst visiting our website be sure to check out our other free recipes. All recipes are made with whole food ingredients, gluten free and dairy free friendly.
Don’t miss a recipe by signing up to the free newsletter. Download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Love This Recipe? Share The Love!
Love this recipe? Please share on social media with your friends and family. To share hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. Collaborating with like-minded business’ to make inspiring and delicious content is our passion but we kindly ask permission is requested to reshare any content.
This recipe was created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons in proud partnership with Ocean Spray.