Being a healthy sugar free family doesn't mean your children miss out on the fun at Halloween. Here are my five top swaps for candy…
Fun alternatives to Halloween candy:
- Bubble blowers! Who doesn’t love bubbles! Little bottles of bubble magic can be so much fun and very cheap to buy.
- Stickers. Halloween stickers, sparkly stickers, glow in the dark stickers, scented stickers, who doesn't love some sticky fun!
- Glow sticks. Lots of fun in the dark.
- Bouncy balls. Hours of fun in this one!
- Slinky's or yo-yos. Simple but playful fun.
So what do you do if your child receives lots of candy, chocolates or lollies?
A good old Swap! Get them to collect their candy and for each sugary treat swap them for a healthier edible or non-edible treat that you know they will enjoy. This could be stickers, silver coins, small toys or even something special they have had their eye on.