This dairy free hummus recipe is a great snack, dolloped over salads or cooked veggies and is a great crowd pleaser for entertaining.
This simple recipe is not only super simple, nutritious and packed with calcium-rich ingredients but doesn’t contain harmful preservatives that are often found in many brands of store-bought or pre-packaged hummus.
The perfect dip accompanied with my seedy pumpkin crackers (recipe in my ebook).
- Hummus is a great dairy free dip that is made with protein-rich chickpeas.
- Chickpeas are rich in plant-derived protein and fibre helping to support balanced blood sugar levels, healthy cholesterol levels and keeping you feeling full and satisfied.
- Tahini is rich in minerals such as calcium, magnesium and potassium and vitamin E and B-vitamins.
- Tahini is 20% complete protein making it a high source of essential protein for a healthy body and is also a great source of healthy fat.
- 400 g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed (I use BPA free can & organic)
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon tahini (hulled)
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 60mLs water or olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Paprika to garnish (optional)
- Serve with Gluten Free, Grain Free Crackers, or with raw vegetables sticks.
- Instead of fresh garlic you can also use garlic infused olive oil as your liquid component. A great option for people sensitive to garlic.